Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Opinion, for what it's worth....

The other day I found this blog....And after reading it and laughing about it I realized a few things. I am a Stay-at-home-Mom, always have been, really haven't wanted to be anything else. I love that I get to do this, and I am thankful that I have a Husband who gives me the ability to do this.

That being said. I know that there are women in our church who have to work, or choose to work. Do I look down upon them for these decisions? NO. I respect the decision that they and their husbands have made. However, I do have a problem with women (and sometimes men) who look down or have a problem with a decision that is NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS. And yes, I do know what the prophets have said about this, they have also said it is a decision that should be made between a husband and wife.

Now this poor boy over at MBP made a list of deal breakers for himself. Instead of taking him seriously as apparently some women in this world have (read the comments, of course Rush Limbaugh says that if you want to lower your opinion of the human race that read the comments of any article posted). I chose to laugh at the whole thing and think to myself what a funny boy he is. He is allowed his opinion. Leave the poor guy alone. Some day he will be married. And then his little world will come crashing down around him.

Dan always likes to say: A man gets married hoping the women won't change and she does, a women gets married thinking she can change the man but he will not.


3 comments:

Jules AF said...

Reading the comments on that blog did lower my opinion of the human race. I like what Rush Limbaugh says about that haha. That's so true. Every time I read the comments on ANYTHING church related, I come closer and closer to separating from the church permanently.

Anonymous said...

wow..what an interesting topic...that's the beauty of our faith/religion, we are given free agency to choose. I have always worked since I was in a jr in high school and have come to love the idea that I am and can be independent, my choice/agency. when I got married and had kids, the thought of staying home to be a fulltime mom never entered my mind until one day and 3 kids later, my husband decided that it was time I step out of the working world to be a fulltime mom and it was a huge change for me. I loved it first but then I got comfortable because I knew I had the whole dang day and tomorrow was another day to accomplish all the list of chores to do. My breaking point was when I was still wearing my pjs around all day and noticing that I can always do that later...yep...took 1 year off from the working world and that was all I needed to confirm that I needed to work. What was nice was that both my husband and mine's job were opposite of each other, i worked nighs he worked days and so our kids were always with one of us and it worked and things balanced out...now...as a single parent, I often day dream of that one year being home and how I wish I could be home especially now with kids a little older and how I could cook home cooked meals everyday of the week and I could always help out with school as one child complains that i'm the only mom that doesn't every come to class...so with all that being said...I think its an individual choice and one that you alone will be held accountable for with what needs to happen to take care of your own family. I wish my husband was alive to help me with these teenage issues; but then again, the church gives me that hope that I am doing all I can to provide for my little family until we meet again...every opinion counts!

Zona Bosted said...

Thank you Lina I couldn't of said it better!