Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Being Snarky...

I love sarcastic people. I love when sarcastic things are said. I love when things are said and people will not even come close to understanding that this person is being sarcastic. In fact sarcasm is a lost art form.

That being said, I have recently (as in today) happened upon a blog that I have totally fallen in love with. This blog makes me think of all the things that my girlfriends and I used to talk about when we were single, and the boys we would torture while doing this.

For instance: My brothers liked to say that I had a "burger-of-the-week" club. Now, in my defense I wasn't that bad but, there were times when I did date several different guys in a month. I am also the same girl who said if he is under 6 foot he's not an eligible candidate for marriage but, there's nothing wrong with maybe kissing him (sorry daddy). This same girl also said, "Guys are like nylons, after a couple of wearings they're a little stretched out have some runs in them and it's time to throw them out and get a new pair".

Should I feel bad when my sister asked me if it makes her a snob if she tells short guys she won't date them. And I told her Heck NO!!! If they have a problem with it that's their problem. I know cruel right? But, when you're 6'0 tall you have to have standards and really when a Tall guy (6'2 or taller) dates a girl under 5'6 and then marries that girl (that's right Matt and Joey I'm talking to you) Then you can expect to have short children. Also what a waste of a wonderful Tall guy.

Someone once asked me how I ended up marrying a Tall guy (he's 6'3), I tell them I just never dated anyone short too seriously. I know once again I'm being mean.

So back to this blog it made me think, and I realized that things are a little harder then, you know 13 years ago when I was in the dating world. But, that things are still the same, and probably always will be.

1 comment:

Susan said...

you are silly.

i love you for it.