Monday, October 6, 2008

Football Widows Anonymous

Is anyone else like me? Does your life revolve around football? Does your weekend schedule get constantly rearranged from August to February? Does your husband rush home from work on Monday's, and not speak to you until the first commercial of Monday Night Football? Can your daughters sing the fight song for the Chicago Bears, NFL team of your choice or college of your choice? Were three of your children born way to close to the college bowl season or the Super Bowl?

Hi, My name is Naomi and I am a Football Widow.

Don't get me wrong I like football. I wear my Chicago Bears apparel proudly (DA Bears). I watch way to much college football, and am married to a man who knows the college that almost every NFL player went to. I can converse with men about useless football knowledge, and teenage boys are amazed at what I know. Thank you Dan.

So Football Widows out there give me a shout out and tell me how you survive the Football season.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey- if you can't beat 'em join 'em. At least the Cardinals are giving us here in AZ something to cheer about this year (now I probably jinxed them, crap)

Chasey Family said...

I am starting to feel your pain! All of the sudden Justin is watching football all the time! He never used to be this bad, but I think he has a ways to go to catch up to Dan! Hang in there!

Kauer Family said...

Well as you know with 4 boys in the house (one of which is my husband) I am totally outnumbered. We enjoy watching it until we can't put up to little Joe's screaming and excitement at every play. But mostly my husband would rather play than watch. Thankfully he can take it or leave it but I too like to watch as well. Good luck Naomi, Hope you survive. Maybe one weekend you could come up here and My husband and boys could go visit your family and we can have a girls weekend!

Anonymous said...

:-D...can't say I feel your pain..because I am a widow and we love football and I guess if you want to you can call me 'Anonymous'..;D....you see...there's 5 boys in which football is a game of heroes...whatever...and they tried to pull that monday night football watching as a FHE...yeah right!....and they think they own Saturdays because of all the college football games....instead of chores...yeah right....and you'd think that my 1 daughter would want to bake and clean, all the girly duties....right...she's the first one to sit and call the boys in for the kick-offs!!!!..now lets talk Rugby.......but only if you do the 'haka' first...:-D

Brenda said...

Oh we miss you and your cute family! I have to say that I love to watch football games that my boys or playing in, but as for the rest....well, just hang in there! Football season can't last forever can it?

R&TSmith said...

I'm sure most teenage boys would be amazed at what you know. And yes the kids are working on learning "The Autumn Wind". Emma knows it the best.

Talking is overrated. And FYI: I can't make it to every practice. But tonight we worked on PAT.

Hey its not like he watches football, reads the internet about football, instant messages with his family about football, and has delightfull insights regarding football all at the same time.

Its all in your head.

Unknown said...

For James, it's hockey... not football. But it's just as bad, if not worse: blackhawks games once or twice a week at HOME, plus the one or two on the road that he watches at the bar... when he is home, he's on the internet reading about hockey, or fiddling with his 4 fantasy teams.