Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Projects

A month ago my sister introduced me to this new blog, Knock-Off Wood. The lady behind this blog, Ana White, is amazing! She has plans for almost everything. I am still looking for a dvd bookshelf that we can build. Until then we have built a couple of other things.

When we first started looking at the site we found a kids size picnic table. We have been looking for one for our patio for a while now and were thrilled to see this.

So last Saturday my parents came to visit and Grandpa May and Dan built this in about 3 hours. The wood and hardware cost about $30. But, this thing is rock solid!
This is a just been finished picture.
After we added deck sealer to the table.
We chose not to paint ours.

The next project we found was a living room table collection.
I am in love with this collection. And I am equally impressed with how quickly it comes together.
This is the side table.
I am trying to decide if I want to paint it or just stain. Can't decide mainly because I love the natural look. Next up I am going to have Dan build me the console table. It looks to be the perfect height to put plants on and keep little kid fingers from.

I am so excited about this blog that I just had to share the awesomeness with all of my friends. And yes I just used awesomeness to describe the site.



2 comments:

Susan said...

i think you should pain the legs + leave the top stained, like the one on her post...good job!

Katie said...

So great, I love the look of the picnic table with the stain.