Sunday, December 2, 2007

Baby Savannah

Naomi woke up at 2:00 am on Saturday, December 1, thinking she had to go potty after rubbing her back and dinking around it was determined that she needed to go to the hospital. I am driving along sitting at the light when I decided to time her contractions and they were at 2 minutes. So things got a little serious. Ten minutes later, contractions still at 2 minutes, and Naomi says I feel the need to push. Things are very serious at this point as we are still 15 minutes from the hospital. I suggest to her that she should not push and then proceed to run stop signs and red lights and get to the hospital in seven minutes.

We get into the Emergency room at 3:31 and proceed, with Naomi in a wheelchair, to run through the halls and up the elevator to the birthing center. We get her in the room and they turn on the machine at 3:36 am, Savannah was born 5 minutes later at 3:41 am. I was looking at Naomi trying to get her to breathe when the Nurse states "baby out". So I missed all of the exciting stuff but this was the first birth that I didn't feel like I was going to throw-up or pass out since there was no time for that kind of stuff.

But enough about that kind of stuff, here are some pictures of hte baby as well as the girls with their new recruit to the union.


No comments: